Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2017

...Let's have Coffee...and a sale at Gina's!


Evening folks, hope all is well where you are. Fancy a coffee? Fancy a bargain (Gina's having a wee sale, deets further down the blog post)

This was a really difficult card to make... it took me all last week just to get through the door of the studio... do you ever have trouble getting going again after a break? I really do. Once I got in there it all came together within about a half hour, which is about how long I always expect to take to make a card, but rarely do...

Anywho, to kickstart my January crafting, since there's less than a week of January left, and people are already talking about summer holidays, I dug out some zingy orange card stock and made a little paper awning to go with my cafe seats stamp from the Petite Patisserie set.

I cut a strip of the paler orange the same with as the white strip of card that my image was stamped on. Then I adhered 4 skinny strips of the darker orange on top of the paler orange and trimmed the ends to look like awning. I stuck the top end to the card base, but popped up the bottom up on several layers of dimensionals so that it sat out from the card and created that overhang. I had already scored a line across the awning about a quarter inch from the end, and so I folded that a little to help the shape along. Then I stamped a 'Caffetteria' sign (from the set) and trimmed it out with scissors and adhered to the fold.


I thought it was simple, yet striking enough to make an interesting card. I hope you like it. I coloured my stamped image with colouring pencils to match the orange cardstocks.

If you haven't seen the Patisserie set, here it is below: it's a nifty set full of sweet things to help you celebrate birthdays etc! Clicking on the image will take you to the set in the store - and that's a good thing because Gina is running a little sale - you can get 15% off right now (offer ends 1/26/17 at 11;59pm - and remember that's USA time!)


http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/searchquick-submit.sc;jsessionid=E3EFD29FB2F9A5DAA34A77477FCC12AD.p3plqscsfapp002?keywords=patisserie

Here is a link to my Pinterest page showing examples of cards made with Petite Patisserie:

https://uk.pinterest.com/wmstamps/petite-patisserie/

4 comments:

  1. Such an adorable and creative card, Claire. May I be the first to wish you a very happy birthday. I truly wish I could tell you in person. Maybe someday, eh? Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely Lovely Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card design. I love that awning You made and your colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!