Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

...Introducing Gift Card Envelope Dies



Good morning! Welcome to the second day of previews for our Feb release. My project this morning uses a new die. It's an envelope die especially designed to fit standard Gift cards (which are standard credit card size). I am hoping the girls will show you some ideas for how to use this envelope with gift cards, but I really wanted to show you a little idea I had for a project that is not especially gift card related.

I had an idea to make up a little envelope album, I happened to notice that the Gift card die (from yesterday) perfectly suited the sentiments from Man of the Hour and I was keen to make something cute but not mushy for himself!

This is what the little album looks like all folded up, it's small and neat.  I have it tied up with a little twine and a taggy made from a feather die cut (Fine feathers, stamps and Fine Feather dies). Tiny bit of ribbon with a couple of those eyelets embedded - remember those?


Once you loosen the twine this little album opens out acordian style - There are 5 envelopes and each one is attached to the next one with a little double sided tape on the flaps.


I cut the envelopes from ordinary brown paper and then went to town with a selection of backgrounder stamps. The flat envelope die cuts fit perfectly within the large backgrounders so there is no need to line up patterns!


 I used the Gift card die to cut out some pieces of cream card and stamped sentiments from Man of the Hour.


One of the little card insets is actually a mini card and the way to make this is to fold a piece of card first and smooth the crease, then lay the folded card on the cutting mat and just line up the gift card die to the folded edge, use your fingertips to feel when the cut line of the die is just butting up against the fold, but not on the fold.


Run the die through the die cutter and you should get a mini cardlet which fits the envelope perfectly!






 The little sentiment cards that you can make with the Gift Card die are perfectly sized to fit in a wallet also!


Look at all those yummy patterns! I used the Zig Zag Backgrounder, the Cabin Plaid Backgrounder, the Woodgrain set, Art Deco Backgrounds and the Pinstripe Backgrounder!


Sure hope this tickles! If you like tiny envelopes you might also wish to have a peep at our Mini Mail die set - you could achieve a similar project with that die set!


Well off you pop to see what the ladies have done with our Gift card envelopes today!


17 comments:

  1. A fantastic project and wonderful dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Claire, you're calling me with this new die....I was going to be good this year and use what I already had.....now that 's gone out the window, temptation got me !!...thank you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great men project..love all the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, that's genius, girl! Fabulous creativity, love this die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! love that you stamped your own paper and the way it opens up. what a fun project! The card size die is perfect. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, Claire. I love the idea of an accordion set like this...and look at all the lovely masculine patterns. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire - this is a fabulous idea. Great colours, lovely sentiments - the masculine theme is great and right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this masculine project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a super fun design Claire! love all the background stamps you used on the envelopes - and the Man of the Hour stamps DO fit just perfectly! Love the feather on the front as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this! What a wonderful little album/mini this makes! Love all the stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant! I love the mini folded card and all of the great WMStamps that will work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great die and love this mini album - so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love this project Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO creative-love this little accordian gift book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just too cool!! Love all those patterns on kraft! Looking forward to release time!! Perfect use of those eyelets....now I'm wondering if I purged all of mine and shouldn't have!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Bank Manager isn't happy ... but I am! I love the new stamp set and dies :) Great samples from all the DT too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the perfect creation for that favorite guy in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!