Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

...Invite to a pajama party on the 29th

 
Grab the Pajama party badge above, by either right clicking (PC),  
or dragging it to your desktop (Mac) and keep it for your pajama party posts.

ED- I just wanted to reassure folks that although the Pajama party links will open at midnight, we know that not everyone will be able to link up at midnight, and so we hope to give everyone a chance to play by keeping links open for a 24 hour period, so please don't be put off by the start time if it's awkward where you live, it's pretty impossible to pick a start time that is easy for everyone and we hope the 24 hour window will allow everyone to play along. The sketch challenges will remain open for a full week.

'Evening folks. I have had this idea spinning about in my head for a party. If you have been with us for a while, you will know that we used to have a sketch challenge blog and since it ended I've been thinking about how to spice up our events. The blog party on the 17th was fun for a while, but sometimes I found myself wanting to use my new stamps and finding that they were at odds with the theme of the upcoming party so I am ending the parties on the 17th and beginning what I hope becomes a fun new tradition at WMS.

I want to begin a pajama party (or pyjama if you are in UK) - I'd like to have one every month! I thought it would be fun to have some challenges of different sorts and perhaps relate a few of these to our releases so that folks can show off their new goodies, gain inspiration and generally just enjoy using our stamps a little more.

I hope to run a few separate themes for each pajama party so that folks have more options to play along. I hope to also include challenges for older sets - it's always great to have fresh inspiration for sets I already have. The challenges will vary month to month, they might be theme based, colour inspirations or technique challenges.

It's going to be a pajama party because I am moving the time slot to midnight (my time)! Challenges will have varying timescales, but we hope to accommodate folks wishing to link up by leaving the links open over night and into the next morning. I'm a night owl and so the new slot should suit me better to play along! I will be here in my PJs ready to chat and see what everyone has been up to, I hope you can join me.We'll be hosting all the challenges from this blog.

We really hope to see you playing along with our Pajama party. We will be announcing each party's challenges directly after releases in future so that folks have plenty of time to get their projects ready, but our first party is next week! We know that lots of you have your goodies from out 1st of July release and are itching to play - so do join in!

We'll be opening a chat thread on the Waltzingmouse Forum during the party on the 29th and we would love to chat with you then.

OOh and the really BIG news is that during this first Pajama party, the DT ladies and myself will be keeping our eyes open for that special somebody who really seems to be on a WMS roll - we will be inviting one lucky participant to join us for a future release as a guest DT member


  
You are hereby invited to our first Pajama party on 29th July! For our first party we will be running the following four challenges, read on to see what you need to do to play along:

Tickle me silly

Make a card/project featuring Feathers. You do not have to use Waltzingmouse Stamps products to play along, but for this challenge, folks who use the new Fine Feathers or Funky feathers stamps will be eligible to win a prize in the random draw. You may use feather stamps or real feathers or embellishments.
When to make: Make your project now so that you can be ready to post it to your blog/gallery on the night of the party.
How do I link it up?: On the night of the party, post your project to your blog/gallery and post a direct link to it into the inlinkz tool on the blog post here on the WMS blog. Grab the Pajama party badge now from the beginning of this post to add to your challenge blog posts when you are ready, this will kelp us to find you in the event of a wobbly link. Links for this challenge will remain open for 24 hours.
What will happen? : After the links close we will choose an eligible project to win a spot prize of £10 store credit!

You're a doll 

Make a card/project featuring Dolls. You do not have to use Waltzingmouse Stamps products to play along, but for this challenge, folks who use the new You're a Doll or Doll additions stamps will be eligible to win a prize in the random draw.
When to make: Make your project now so that you can be ready to post it to your blog/gallery on the night of the party.
How do I link it up?: On the night of the party, post your project to your blog/gallery and post a direct link to it into the inlinkz tool on the blog post here on the WMS blog. Grab the Pajama party badge now from the beginning of this post to add to your challenge blog posts when you are ready, this will kelp us to find you in the event of a wobbly link. Links for this challenge will remain open for 24 hours.
What will happen? : After the links close we will choose an eligible project to win a spot prize of £10 store credit!

In the Background

Make a card/project which uses background stamping - this could be background patterns, or patterns/textures created using small stamps, stamped repeatedly. You do not have to use Waltzingmouse Stamps products to play along, but for this challenge, folks who do use Waltzingmouse stamps stamps will be eligible to win a prize in the random draw. Any WMS set may be used for this challenge so long as your project has a stamped background pattern.
When to make: Make your project now so that you can be ready to post it to your blog/gallery on the night of the party.
How do I link it up?: On the night of the party, post your project to your blog/gallery and post a direct link to it into the inlinkz tool on the blog post here on the WMS blog. Grab the Pajama party badge now from the beginning of this post to add to your challenge blog posts when you are ready, this will kelp us to find you in the event of a wobbly link. Links for this challenge will remain open for 24 hours.
What will happen? : After the links close we will choose an eligible project to win a spot prize of £10 store credit!

Bedtime Story

Each Pajama party will end with the Bedtime story sketch - this will be a sketch challenge that we will present to you on the night of the pajama party, you will see the sketch and some inspiration samples on the Pajama Party blog post and you will have one week to link up your challenge cards.


Don't forget, throughout the pajama party we will be looking out for that special person to join us as a guest DT member during a future release!

Hope you can join us! And do invite your friends!

27 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my PJs. Will try to find time to play - summer had been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So loving this idea, Claire! I will follow along faithfully!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to WMS and was asking about the Blog Party.... but this pyjama party sounds like it will be amazing! I can't wait to play along! Now to just figure out the time differences....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun. Glad to see more options...my stamp collection is limited and I wasn't always able to waltz along in the blog hops. Thanks, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news Claire, I've really been missing the sketch challenge! But unlike you I'm not a night owl, how long will the challenges remain open for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to this! Sounds like a hoot.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to this Claire - although I may not be in my pyjamas since it will be the middle of the day in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I don't wear PJ's but I am a night owl so I play along in my birthday suit ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saunds like fun ...looking forward :)xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fantastic Claire..just the challenge for us night owls...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to say what a totally fun idea! I was wondering what happened to the blog party--love how you are always thinking of something creative!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll miss the waltz, but I sure am looking forward to the Pajama Parties. Gotta put my thinking cap on for the first one since I wasn't able to order any of the new ones just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pj's and I are best friends. Can't wait. This is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like this could be lots of fun! I'll find my PJs and see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait ! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like lots of fun Claire,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like lots of fun Claire,

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the idea of the Pajama Party. However, I think it is more oriented to the U.S. stampers due to the time it is scheduled. I will not be able to be part of it since it will start at 2 AM my time. I hope you can open the links a bit earlier, so more people can show their creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like great fun Claire. Not normally a night owl but that day is also my birthday, so will be up a bit longer and what better way to start a "New Year" than with WMS:-) woohoo can't wait....suppose had better go buy a pair of pyjamas now as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like fun!! I'm going out of town so don't know if I can play this one (will try) but, definitely will in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are we able to backlink? I posted a Fine Feathers card earlier this month that I just love and would want to link that up to the party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!