Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Waltzingmouse Stamps Day 2, second Post




ED - I do not have a template for the Apron but when I get a moment I might try to make one, realistically tho' it'll be next week before I get a chance, many thanks for asking!!

I'm posting more than once a day at the moment as I show you all the samples I made for my brand new stamp line!!! At the end of the week, Thurs/Friday I'll be revealing the stampsets and offering them for sale. They are Clear stamps.

So make sure to scroll down and see any posts you might have missed!!!!!

Yummies for your Tummy!

I wanted to take a moment to show you something I made using the 'other' stamps in the Oven Fresh set. The focus of the set is of course the ready made gingerbread men but there are lots of other supporting stamps that are also very dinky. I love stampsets where you have loads of options and so I have stuffed these two sets with as many wee co-ordinating stamps as I can.

I used a small candy cane and a dot stamp (both from Oven Fresh) to stamp an allover pattern on some pale pink bitty dot paper. Then I made a little tiny apron from the paper and mounted it on to my card.

The card base was pure poppy cardstock, swiss dotted in the cuttlebug and rubbed on the wrong side with white versacolour ink. I cut a pinked circle out of it with a nestie die leaving the white card base visible. I stamped my sentiment "Yummies for your Tummy" in red onto the white base and then stamped a few peppermint swirls onto the white in pale pink ink. It's easier to see that in the bottom photo.

Couple of lines of stitches in a contrasting turquoise and a wee cuttlebug flower for a colour pop.

I loved the retro feel of this and so I made a little wee sweetie pouch that is reminiscent of a french fries scoop. I used the pink patterned paper that I stamped to line the pouch.

I die cut another pinked circle from the right hand flap of the pouch and mounted white card behind it. I had stamped my sentiment "Yum" and a red peppermint swirl (both Oven Fresh) onto the white card beforehand.

I have prepared a template for this wee pouch - they are soooo simple to make, I can see me making loads of these for Christmas!! Technically speaking, I should have put something homebaked in there since I had my 'apron' on, but I filled mine with peppermint candies!! They just matched and I like things that match...! Lol.

If you fancy making one with a liner just print the template twice. I made the pouch from cardstock and the liner from paper, I find this works better.

As usual, I will be putting it on SCS and you will be able to download it directly from there. You can find it in a special section on my sidebar called 'Gingerbread Joy Templates'.

If it tickles, tell your friends!!

12 comments:

  1. Just LOVE what you're doing! Thanks so much for the clever template too..I'll be heading over to SCS right away. Can't wait to see what's up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Claire! I've been waiting for your additional post! Love that dress and wonderful 'frie' box (as we call them in the US!) I'm off to check SCS for your template!! love the colors on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love your things! Going to get the template now, thank you! hugs, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really lovely work. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both adorable. I love that apron. Congrats on your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers,
    These are super,
    That little apron could also be used as a summer dress,
    Its out of this world,
    Love them,
    hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWzer..that apron is just gorgeous! I love the little candy canes on it. Another brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the apron - can't wait for the template so I can make one too (oh, if only I had your creativity and imagination)! Loving the new stamps you're creating as well too...!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, these are just adorable! I can't wait to see everything on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, so different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loce, love, love what you've made here!!! how do you make the pouch? i went to scs but didn't see a template. I'm getting ready to start making Christmas gifts and this pouch is perfect!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love the treat box! and oh my goodness is that apron just completely...ugh...so cute! Love the paper and stitchin'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!